Thursday, January 20, 2005

Eid Holiday, or not....

Today was Eid, and to all of you who celebrate it, Eid Mubarak,to all of you who don’t celebrate it,Eid Mubarak, Considering it’s Eid ok to tell you the truth, it was really depressing, it’s raining, it’s cold and everyone is studying. Not the best festive day. It is really annoying cuz you feel homesick. Eid = fun, family and chilling but here its rain, loneliness and books. It felt weird, staying in my apartment felt like I was in a jail cell. My parents and brother are in the Hajj, my other brother is having so much fun in Lebanon he forgot I existed and both my sisters are in Bahrain chilling with family. I am the only person out of the whole family, who is…stuck somewhere. It was all grey until I finished my studying for the day; I switched on my desktop and loaded Half life 2: Deathmatch. A list of servers was being loaded and I choose the one with the most people and the least ping. As soon as my game loaded, the depression turned into frags. The bent up anger was unleashed upon unsuspecting gamers. It felt so amazing. Adrenaline was pumping through my body. It was unlike any other deathmatch as I was listening to music. The usual music is calming music, but this time I The Fake Sound Of Progress by The Lost Prophets. It was awesome. Frag afte Frag, it fuelled the rage. The aim was amazing, the headshots kept rolling. It was phenomenal. The joys of killing people (in a game) was so amazing. Turned my Eid from a downer to a nice relaxing, heart pumping break. HAHaha yes relaxing and heart pumping don’t mix, but check out Half life 2, then you will understand.

3 comments:

Tala said...

Eid Mubarak!
I know what you mean dude, Easter is the same. It's so anti-climactic. While people are all pink and celebratory in Dubai, I barely even acknowledge it over here. All's good! :)
I'm glad Death Match made you feel better. I'm the biggest procrastinator in the world. And, I'm waiting for Sara to start the poem game. Apparently YOU want her to be the first one... Oh, the pain :'(

Shimmy said...

I am sorry dudete,but sara is like the 1st person to actually introduce me to shit like that,and i was talking to her while i was update my blog,so i told her to start it :(,no offence intended

Tala said...

Yeh, yeh, whatever. That's what they all say. You make me sick!

<3<3<3